Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme to fill the position of Project Manager in Mariupol.
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local levels and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between the different stakeholders involved into reform implementation at the national, regional and local levels. Given the important new tasks, responsibilities and financial resources that local self-governments have gained, the implementation of the reform has to be accompanied by expert advice, trainings and diverse support measures. U-LEAD (Ukraine- Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development) is a special measure which is conducted as a multi-donor action by the EU and its member states Germany, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark and Poland to support the Ukrainian government in the implementation of the decentralisation reform.
We are looking for the experienced and highly motivated Project Manager with an innovative mind-set, strong team player with solid knowledge and practical experience in project management to support our activities in Mariupol.
Areas of responsibility:
- Implementing the project components in all operational aspects in EPO in Mariupol.
- Ensuring compliance with GIZ standards and rules in all aspects of operation.
- Ensuring good communication and information flow with all stakeholders (political and implementation partners and within the GIZ team) and supporting them.
- Contributing to the planning, monitoring, evaluation reporting processes of the U-LEAD with Europe Programme.
- Supports the Hub Manager as well as caretakers in the Programme units with the implementation of the targeted actions and initiatives in EPO area;
- Participates and contributes to the strategic and operational planning, monitoring and reporting of the U-LEAD with Europe Programme.
- Supports the organisation and implementation of trainings, seminars and other events organized in EPO, contributes with necessary data for DMI;
- Provides support to the PMU in financial and contractual matters related to EPO office;
- Provides short reports and pictures from the attended events on time upon request.
- Contributes to the overall knowledge and data management of the U-LEAD with Europe Programme.
- Collects good practices and success stories, checks their progression over time and shares the information in the respective field for public awareness raising and communication purposes.
- Supports communication and visibility activities of U-LEAD with Europe.
- Provides technical support to international and local experts during their field.
- Communicates regularly with local stakeholders.
- Communicates and cooperates effectively with the colleagues in the Regional Offices, the U-LEAD team and other GIZ projects in Ukraine.
- Ensures discreet behaviour vis-a-vis third parties in all internal matters.
- Communicates and reports regularly to the Hub Manager.
Requirements to the candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of social sciences, administration, economics, law or other relevant fields
- At least 2 years experience in the area of project management.
- Experience of the project management at the East of Ukraine is an asset.
- Experience in administration at municipal or regional level is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Deep understanding of the specific set-up, its actors and political environment of the Azov Sea area.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, including public outreach.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- High degree of self-organisation.
- Very good language skills in English, Russian and Ukrainian. German is an asset
- Good computer skills (MS Office Suite, Excel, Powerpoint etc.).
- Availability for frequent travel within the assigned area.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Starting in January 2020. The initial contract duration is until the end of June 2020.
- GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB Friday, 22 November 2019.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.